My Journey

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Our organizer at my internship got back from his honeymoon today. Austrailia - snorkeling, exploring in caves, hanging out on the beach. They're tan and happy and in love. Everybody here loves his wife. "They're so good together," people lamented after they left.
Brandon went home and helped his sister book a photographer. He'll be preforming the ceremony. They're planning a big reception. They've been dating for 3 months. How do you know after 3 months?
I know I'm not ready to get married. There's a lot of things I really like about being single, or at least not married, and a lot of plans in the next few years that marriage would only complicate...so why is it hard for me to hear about other people's wedding plans? Feeling like I'm missing out on something, even though I know I'm not.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Because we are trained that getting married is a right of passage. Plus who doesn't want to have a day that was planned by them and is everything they want.

    Getting married feels like you've succeeded and found the one you're supposed to be with and now you can start your life.

    But we just have to keep telling ourselves - it is okay if I wait and do the things I had planned for my life. When the time is right I will get married and it will be wonderful then. I don't have to do it now:)

     
  • At 9:05 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    yeah, and besides, once you do get married people think you should start popping babies out (haha I just wrote pooping). No babies for this couple!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home