My Journey

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Never going back...

I should be leaving. I'd planned to - I'm out of clothes - I'm in the mood to drive. Somehow none of that matters - the pull of his eyes, the feel of his hand in mine, and the smell of his sheets are keeping me here. He's going to work soon - I will stay and do homework, counting down the hours until he returns.
We've had an incredible weekend. The concert on Thursday was amazing. We had desert at an organic restaurant downtown we stumbled upon entirely by accident. We made kick ass enchiladas yesterday, saw Alfie today...and slept in. I didn't even think about homework on Thursday and it was okay - my priorities are much more clear when he's sitting next to me.
Tomorrow we will get up, eat breakfast, and spend the day trying not to look at the clock. Ignoring reality doesn't stop it from existing, and eventually I will return to Bemidji, leaving behind a desperately needed vacation and the person who not only puts up with me, but somehow finds the strength to love me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home