My Journey

Monday, September 20, 2004

I Can See Clearly Now the Rain Is Gone

The radio seemed to know what I was thinking - we drove in to Bemidji yesterday and this song came on. The conference went well - visions collided, compromises were made, and we moved on. Efficient, engaging, and inspiring. The organization is headed in a new direction - one it's needed to go down for several years. No more being held back, no more squashing ideas because we might fail. It's time to "go big or go home". Yet I look at everything we have planned for the next year and again feel overwhelmed. It is my responsibility to think of and plan for everything that could possibly go wrong. If we screw up, it's on the shoulders of the Board. The responsibility of that is huge. We took risks last year and they turned out better than we ever thought possible...is life trying to teach me something?
It takes so much energy - I never stop thinking about it. Today I woke up at 2 in the morning and thought, "I forgot to tell Brad to send us the agendas on time in October." Then I thought, "We need to put up posters for recruiting...People need to go doorknocking...We need to speak to classes, which means emailing professors..."and on and on until it was 3:30 am and I couldn't sleep. It's consuming and overwhelming and I'm not sure if I can do this for another 8 months. It's all passion and dedication - do I have it in me? Maybe I just need to drink more Gatorade.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM , Blogger Berne said...

    If anyone has it in them, it's you. Your drive and dedication to this job is impressive. Remember that you are surrounded by people who will back you up. Keep being the rock star you are...we all appreciate it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home